Friday, September 16, 2005

September

There's something about September that just makes me happy. I love the weather of September. Today it is lovely. A cool, brisk breeze which requests wonderfully warmer fall clothing. I love my fall wardrobe. The leaves start to change in September, usually. September is when most elementary schools start for the year and all the school supplies are blissfully on sale. The summer is finally at a close and the real feeling of school has kicked in. This last one might not be the happiest, but it does feel good to be in a schedule, thinking of fall holidays and fall smells. I do enjoy schedules. One of my housemates walked in while I was eating a delightful bowl of soup and grilled cheese sandwhich and she exclaimed that the weather was lovely. I smiled and replied that I do so love September. She leaned against the door and breathed "September" and said, "It does have a romantic sound to it."

I feel sentimental in September. It has always been my favorite month. My birthday falls at the end of it, which brings to mind my childhood memories of birthday anticipations, parties, and celebration with my grandparents. Those are lovely memories. September is filled with thoughts of warm soup, playing in the leaves, school supplies gallore, apple cider, and many other silly sentimental ponderings.

I feel like watching "You've Got Mail" today. With 2 more classes to go though, I'll have to wait. Perhaps I'll make a cup of tea, listen to the soundtrack and prepare for my next class. September. It makes me breathe deeper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched that movie the other day...
how's it goin lady?