Tuesday, February 05, 2013

sketch to card

My little elephant sketch and birthday lettering from day 2 has now become a lovely little card for one of my dearest friend's little girl.

I am so thrilled about how it turned out. I scanned in all the separate parts, cleaned them up a bit in PhotoShop, decided on a layout and then I painted them in PhotoShop as well. I realized after that it would have been way faster to use real watercolors and paint by hand, since I'm so much more comfortable with a real brush than virtual ones. But it was a fun and good experience and something I'll probably dabble more with here and there. To complete the watercolor painted look, I cut some watercolor paper to size and printed the finished design directly onto it. Love the result! The texture and weight of the paper is perfect and the card looks stunning in person.


Hope the little birthday girl (and her parents!) love it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm excited to watch your sketches this month. And your card.... SO cute!!!

Marcia

Caryn said...

Thanks for the note Marcia. I doubted anyone remembered this space, so it is fun to hear from you!